- Big Shooter reporting August has officially ended.
- Mats Sundin trying to come to terms with himself. All Vancouver prays; everyone else taps their right foot.
- The Finnish Flash tells us (in Finnish) that he will play another year in Anaheim. Hooray! One more chance for me to see both him and Joe Sakic in action.
- Gustav a bastard but not a totally calamitous motherfucker. So far.
- Hanna to Georgia? Look out Savannah.
- Then there's this tropical storm.
- Not to be confused with tropical 'strom.
- American Falange, in Anno VIII of its existence, holds giant party in front of giant TV screen showing image of giant American flag.
- Methods of Big Event security in the United States of America and in the People's Republic of China continue to converge.
- I'm trying to restrain myself from writing about Sarah Palin's daughter. Thing is, it's not relevant to anything, is it? I feel bad for Bristol, and I hope the father is a suitable young man. I just wonder what this says about the supposed virtues of abstinence-only classes...Anyway, I find this infinitely more disturbing:
Q: Are you offended by the phrase "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?
PALIN: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.God help us.