Monday, September 1, 2008

Un Coup d'Etat Toujours Abolira le Hasard

NEWS!


- Big Shooter reporting August has officially ended.

- Mats Sundin trying to come to terms with himself. All Vancouver prays; everyone else taps their right foot.

- The Finnish Flash tells us (in Finnish) that he will play another year in Anaheim. Hooray! One more chance for me to see both him and Joe Sakic in action.

- Gustav a bastard but not a totally calamitous motherfucker. So far.

- Hanna to Georgia? Look out Savannah.

- Then there's this tropical storm.

- Not to be confused with tropical 'strom.

- American Falange, in Anno VIII of its existence, holds giant party in front of giant TV screen showing image of giant American flag.

- Methods of Big Event security in the United States of America and in the People's Republic of China continue to converge.

- I'm trying to restrain myself from writing about Sarah Palin's daughter. Thing is, it's not relevant to anything, is it? I feel bad for Bristol, and I hope the father is a suitable young man. I just wonder what this says about the supposed virtues of abstinence-only classes...Anyway, I find this infinitely more disturbing:

Q: Are you offended by the phrase "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?

PALIN: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.

God help us.

- And finally, my favorite story of the day, possibly the decade: Jogger attacked by kangaroo. Currently in hospital.

3 comments:

Big Shooter said...

Doesn't Kermit look GREAT in a trench coat!

Razor Catch Prey said...

I think you can relax about Bristol's fiance. He's a hockey player, and contrary to some accounts is only 18, not 26. See his team photo on Drudge.

The only thing that story changes about the race is that Sarah Palin changes from MILF to GILF.

Big Shooter said...

God, I just love the Muppets!!!