Thursday, September 4, 2008

08-09 Southeast Division Predictions

I need to go to sleep soon and wake up in six hours, but I'm having trouble calming down after the Hockey Mom's speech to the troops.

Perhaps some hockey-blogging therapy will help.

This is NOT a prediction of end-of-the-season standings, but of

Offense
1. Tampa Bay
2. Washington
3. Atlanta
4. Carolina
5. Florida

Defense
1. Carolina
2. Florida (at least until Bouwmeester leaves)
3. Atlanta (yes, better than the Caps: Enstrom, Havelid, Hainsey, Bogosian, and uhhhh...)
4. Washington
5. Tampa Bay

Goaltending
1. Florida
2. Atlanta
3. Carolina
4. Washington
5. Tampa Bay

May God have mercy on us.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You think TV is gonna outplay Lehtonen? I think we have to break up, Mortimer.

Mortimer Peacock said...

My first instinct was to go with Kari (and Moose and Pavs) over TV, but I wimped out and went with the safe Vokoun prediction. Shame on me, I know. I bet we ARE better than Florida.