Monday, September 22, 2008
News from Everywhere
- It appears Chris Pronger has gotten himself a blog. And he can spell! So far the content isn't spell-binding: it's mostly stuff about groins and re-hydrating. I suspect things will get more interesting when the season starts (more hilarious attempted murders on the ice, juicy secrets about Teemu Selanne's locker-room voodoo rituals, etc. ). Big Shooter, have at it with the nasty comments. He does allow them.
- Razor Catch Prey has already reported on this, but it appears the San Jose Sharks' young and talented checking center Torrey Mitchell has gone down with a fractured something or other and will be out for eight full weeks. What is it with the Sharks and injuries? You'd think they played hockey all the time or something. Anyway, the Sharks now have a gaping hole on the Mike Grier Line...might I steal a line from Razor and suggest Todd White? And in return:
- Meanwhile, Steve Stamkos is already scoring goals and whatnot. The Vinny-less Bolts beat the Crosby-and-Malkin-featuring Penguins the other day. My. Also, Sergei Gonchar is injured. Both he and Ryan Whitney will be out for a few weeks. Kris Letang will provide some points, but this is really going to be a stumbling block for the Pens: Whitney and Gonch were their top scoring defensemen.
- Thrashers training camp is on! Mr. Practice has some excellent reports here. My favorite part:
Slava was talking to the police officer who was watching the locker room door and said "You should see my dog, big black German shepherd, OMG."
- Some pictures of training camp here. Report of Day 1 from Mike Knobler here.
- Mrs. Lehtonen at Fire Wagon Hockey is freaking out over the lack of pictures coming her way. I would have gone up to Duluth this weekend and photographed the boys in action, but I felt it was more important to sit on my couch and gaze meaningfully at the TV screen.
- John Anderson talks to Mike Knobler, seems confident as ever. Jason Williams might play center on the Czar Line. It'll be interesting to see how things play out.
- Very Serious Sports Commentator Jeff Schultz knows in advance exactly how everything will unfold. What a joke.
- Elsewhere in the world: Regardless of your political slant, does any thinking person actually believe Congress should PASS this piece of shit?