Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This is Just Too Good

I'm sure you've all heard about our excellent new forward Byron Young. 

E.J. Hradek is on top of the situation:
JIM, Birmingham: E.J.!!! Please, give me some GOOD NEWS about the Thrashers. It may take a while, but I'm sure you can muster something positive up.

EJ Hradek: They've played OK so far this year...they had a streak of, I think, four wins. Their offensive production is spread out a little more. Byron Young is producing some offense. I still see this as a team that has work to do and a long way to go before they are a strong team, but I guess you already knew that.

You shouldn't be perturbed if you haven't heard of Byron Young. I hadn't either before hockey journalist extraordinaire E.J. Hradek filled me in. I did a Google Image search for the young man and found his photo:


Byron Young, M.D. Our hot young goal-scorer. Apparently he was Professor of Neurology at the University of Kentucky before he started lighting the lamp for the Atlanta Thrashers. 

Seriously, though, why does this remind me of when my fellow provincial Americans can't name a single foreign leader? I make an effort to know the main players on every team in the NHL. I make an effort to be aware of who's performing well and who's not. And to, you know, learn their actual names. Is this too much to ask?

2 comments:

aaron said...

EJ Hradek makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Big Shooter said...

EJ is an asshat. Always has been, always will be. What do you expect from a man that was once employeed by the Dallas Stars.

Seriously though, no one in the media outside of us bloggers and Knobler knows anything about the Thrashers. Craig Button (now I see why the Flames shit-canned you Craig) and that other guy on The Fly last night made a fool out of themselves talking about how Army "left his feet". It is nonstop (in particular on NHL on the Fly). They bother to learn nothing about us. I guess we have to put up with this crap until we start winning.

Sigh.