Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Unknown Wrist Shot Key Player in Last Night's Game

(updated below)



Why does NHL.com not love Mark Popovic like I do?

Also, "Unknown Wrist Shot" would be a killer name for something or other: a hockey blog, perhaps, or a long-playing record.

UPDATE: Victory! The NHL robots have discovered Mark Popovic after the Chronicle's searing exposure of their confusion:


Actually, all this does is lead to new questions. For instance: are "Unknown Wrist Shot" and "Mark Popovic Wrist Shot" BROTHERS?

6 comments:

The Falconer said...

They had some problems with "3" and "13" up in Nashville. Maybe they're still confused?

the jointhead said...

This fucking pissed me off last night, because you know maybe someone out there who could not watch the game on TV (everyone) or listen on internet radio (me) or go to the game because they live outside a hundred mile radius and or have to work evenings might just be checking the box score. Did they announce him as unknown in pillips arena or something. Seems easy to clear up in the information age.

Mortimer Peacock said...

I certainly knew, when he scored the goal, that it was none other than Mark M.F. Popovic III Esq.

Daculafan said...

The winner of this years Norris trophy...Unknown Wrist Shot..he's a hell of a player!!

FrenchCatalogues said...

Ok, just watched clips from the game, that goal was truly sick. That back drop pass then to Little, jesus, that's just about the coolest thing I've seen. Also that pass to Kubina from Antro was awesome too. I have to say I'm pretty excited.

Rawhide said...

If the Thrashers don't sign Unknown Wrist Shot...and I mean right frickin' now...then the consequences will be, will be...well, they'll be unknown...but I'm sure that won't be good!