Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kovy Update.... Heeeeennnnggghhh!

Well, with the start of training camp comes this article.

We are all hopeful, but this gives me a little more reason to rest easy tonight. Here is the money quote:

Asked if he is confident he’ll re-sign with the Thrashers, Kovalchuk said, “Yeah, hopefully because I’ve been here all my [professional] life. My family is excited to be here and my daughter is starting [pre-] school. Hopefully, we get it figured out.”

God love him. Really...

4 comments:

Mortimer Peacock said...

Before long Dany Heatley will demand to become Ilya Kovalchuk, because "Hey I've earned it."

Jay said...

That article put a smile on my face and a warmth in my heart.

swegs said...

do the happy dance. do the happy dance.

A2B said...

Something tells me this team has a big surprise that no one knows about right now... All the talk from the team is in that cryptic "I know we will be better, but will not tell you why" kind of stuff.