Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Petition to Sign Josh Gratton

I think there is a big enough consensus out there among those of us who have been paying attention during preseason. Josh Gratton would be an upgrade over certain elements on the Thrashers' fourth line. With the Norse God of Thunder as my witness, I'm not naming any names here.

As a career enforcer, Gratton obviously won't command to high of a salary so there's not a big downside to signing him and putting him in the lineup for game one Saturday. He's already proven he can put the biscuit in the basket when Jimmy Slater feeds him the puck, and he's likewise shown what he can do with his gloves off. Let's give the guy a shot.

3 comments:

Mortimer Peacock said...

ahahahahaha...Norse God of Thunder. I'll swear by him.

A2B said...

So if we have him and bolts on the same line, does that mean the gree gods are able to throw lightning bolts and thunder down at the peons of the NHL?

Jay said...

I'd sign Gratton. Boulton has never impressed me and Thorburn hustles, but God Bless him, has no talent. Why not try a Gratton-Reasoner-Slater 4th line? Boulton and Thorburn should be easily replaceable.