Wednesday, September 16, 2009

For What It's Worth- Official Editorial Position on Manny Legace, the Goalie Situation, and "Hey Buddy I'm on Fire"

The Blueland Chronicle has decided (well, myself and Frenchy at least) that Manny Legace will be the starting goaltender after the pre-season is all said and done.

Many people laughed when we offered the "washed up" goalie a try out. I don't consider him washed up. He got a little bit of a raw deal in St. Louis. With everything going on with Kari (makes my head hurt to think about it), I just think the job is Manny's for the taking. Moose is what he is. Pavs and Drew are unproven. I expect Manny to come out like a buddy on fire and take the job.

I realize I'm leaving myself open for ridicule here, but I thought it would be fun for some goalie predictions with things so wide open. So, loyal Chroniclites... who is it going to be... hmmm? Heeennngggh?

8 comments:

Daculafan said...

Said the same thing on mine....I think it's the best logical choice...and I think that Manny still has some ass kicking left in him...

Mortimer Peacock said...

Give that man a job!

Mortimer Peacock said...

Manny Legace is just a buddy on fire who needs some help. Anyone in our place would do the same.

Big Shooter said...

If I saw a buddy on fire at the gas station I'd say, "hey buddy, you need help?". And if the buddy didn't say anything I'd just assume he needed help, so I'd just go help the buddy... cause he needed help. That's something those Google robots can't take away from us. Just one real American helpin' another one. Can't outsource that bitch overseas.

Mortimer Peacock said...

Them Google robots ain't never put a buddy out EVER man. They pass a buddy on fire and they jes go on and look for an illegal immigrant or send the whole mess to China man! I TELL YE.

A2B said...

I think its Legace until he loses it. he was brought here to see if he still has it at an NHL level. I bet het surprises since he has nothing to lose and will play his heart out.

Big Shooter said...

Thank you for bringing us back on topic A2B. I often wonder how many people are scared away from commenting due to strange inside jokes that even we don't fully understand that we post on here.

Oh well, that's just the way it is, and the way it will always be.

A2B said...

Thats half the fun of reading these things. You guys getting off on tangents and just rambling. Its quite amusing, please keep doing so as planned. One thing I forgot in my assesment is that Legace is the only keeper in that group with solid NHL success... not experience.