Friday, September 4, 2009

Matt McConnell New Play by Play Man

THANK GOD they finally figured it out!! Nothing against JP as a person, BUT THE MAN KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY AND HIS TRUE LOVE IS SOCCER!!!! You just can't grow a sport with that kind of a play by play guy.

And before I get in more trouble with my editor, the link is here. Oh yeah, if you are interested it also has the TV schedule. HD dates to be listed later.

Welcome back home, Matt. We had no idea how much we would miss you until we found out they replaced you with a soccer guy, but that is now finally in the past!

8 comments:

Mortimer Peacock said...

OK, this double posting stuff is really getting out of hand.

Big Shooter said...

Wow, it really is isn't it. You can take mine down if you like...

Wayne stuck in AL said...

Are you guys nuts??? McConnell puts me to sleep--which is the ONE THING a hockey announcer SHOULDN'T do.

Why the Thrashers don't go to a simulcast (with My Favorite Kamalian and Idiot), I don't know...The Stars do it, and I remember the Blackhawks did it in the early 90's on SportsChannel Chicago and 780 AM.

Big Shooter said...

Wayne, I believe the Sabers do it as well. I'm not smart enough to know why it wouldn't work here. Kamal is certainly the best in my opinion.

McConnell is by no means my favorite, but he is ok. At least he knows the rules for God's sake. It was embarrassing to hear Eliot have to explain the rules of the game to JP...

Mortimer Peacock said...

Why not Kamal? Why not Kamal? See my post.

Razor Catch Prey said...

I am almost as excited about this as I would have been if we'd announced that the Czar had signed an extension.

JP was just plain awful. I was critical of McConnell back in the day, but realized after he was gone that a Minnesota accent is really not as bad as I'd made it out to be. A soccer announcer who didn't care enough to learn the rules of hockey was torture.

Welcome back, Matt. It's about time.

And BEAKER!!!

Wayne stuck in AL said...

I think McConnell came to us from the then-Mighty Ducks, whose fans only care about where they can get the best service on a Lexus...

the jointhead said...

Ode to joy is worth a double post any day in my book shooter.