Friday, September 18, 2009

More Maxim Plz

A few things.

First of all, Maxim Afinogenov. Can we just give this man a job already? Ben Wright talked to him and his buddy Ilya Kovalchuk earlier today, and it went something like this:



I think Ilya Kovalchuk is unofficially in control of this team. Perhaps even officially.

Looks like ESPN's Pierre LeBrun has talked to Max as well:

Afinogenov had a career-high 73 points (22-51) in 2005-06, but has dipped ever since as injuries slowed him down. Last season, it was a groin problem.

"I'm putting that behind me," said Afinogenov. "I'm starting a new life and I want to help this team now."

But first, he needs to make the team (the Thrashers can sign him between now and the end of the preseason). At least there's one thing he doesn't have to worry about: lodging.

"Slava gave me no choice. He said, 'You're staying in my house.' He's a good guy," said Afinogenov.

Sounds to me like someone has found a new home in more ways than one.


All these Russians, dude. Moscow on the Chattahoochee.

Over at the Blueland Blog, Ben lists some important facts about the dude, but he neglects THE most important fact about Maxim Afinogenov: that he dates Russian tennis star Elena Dementieva.


Truly adorable. Really! And she'll probably come to games every now and then, and maybe she'll occasionally bring fellow Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova, and I can talk to her, and we can be happy together, forever. Right?

Well, our prospects and try-outs play the Bolts of Tampa tonight. Let's hope we see some CRYING LIGHTING, hee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least Ilya is taking charge of the situation. Hell yeah. I guess Afinogenov will be playing with Kozlov, then.

GoPuckYourself said...

Dunno if you guys saw this, but The Hockey News linked to you guys.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27953-Ask-Adam-Wing-and-a-prayer.html

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or does Max bring to mind a young Warren Zevon in that picture?

Unknown said...

WBF-we'll be running out of vodka soon.