Thursday, September 3, 2009

Eine Kleine Nachtmusik

Did you watch Maria Sharapova earlier? Really, did you?

Watching the Andy Roddick vs. some French guy match right now, mainly for the pleasure of John McEnroe's commentary. Anyway, McEnroe and whoever the dude is who does the commentary alongside McEnroe were talking about how tennis players are playing longer careers these days, well into their 30's and stuff.

Dude next to McEnroe is all like, "That's nothing compared to Chris Chelios."

McEnroe: "Yeah, that's a good point."

Whenever I hear hockey mentioned in the world-at-large, I feel like I've stepped into a parallel universe.

3 comments:

Mike Chen said...

Dude.

Point 1: Sharapova is looking good. And her shoulder's not doing too bad either.

Point 2: Johnny Mac rules. I preferred Ted Robinson doing the broadcasts with him because they'd make very sporadic and random hockey references. I remember when they showed Gretzky a few years back and Robinson goes, "They still should have picked him for the shootout in the Nagano Olympics."

Point 3: Clinic = Awesome. I saw them on the Walking With Thee tour in SF.

So everyone wins with this post!

Mortimer Peacock said...

And Mike Chen makes his Chronicle debut! Welcome, sir, and huzzah.

FrenchCatalogues said...

Clinic are the jam. Them and The Walkmen are my bands of the decade along with LCD Soundsystem