The pre-season one. That took place tonight. Underwater. Against the Canes. In front of a crowd that was really not so bad, when you consider that half the metro area is under water and several people had no option but to cock the wagon and ford Northside Parkway.
1) My God do I love Nik Antropov. Let's hope his 3 assists tonight mean something.
2) As bitchin' as his goal and his assist tonight were (and they really were), I was actually damn impressed by Pavel Kubina's defensive play. He was hitting a good bit for a pre-season game, and he broke up Carolina plays like a hot secretary.
3) I was even more impressed by Pavel Kubina's black eye.
4) A few other people around the Thrashers blogosphere have already commented on Little's kick-ass goal on the feed from Kovalchuk and Antropov. It did, indeed, kick ass. Let's hope that it's a sign of things to come.
5) Mark Popovic deserves a spot on this team.
6) Whoever the guy is who took Boris Valabik's old number doesn't.
7) Moose is still Moose.
8) Toby Enstrom had a very nice carry-in at some point in the game (early 3rd period, I think). Puck-moving defenseman, he.
9) Paul Postma is goddamn awesome, offensively and defensively. Still a year or so off, though.
10) These Thrashers are fast, fast, fast. And they shoot the puck a lot.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, folks, but this team looked pretty good. Or so I thoughted.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Razor told me he saw Maxim Afinogenov wandering the concourse. That is all.