Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Be Part of Our Fantasy

It's customary for the Chronicle staff to compete against one another in a hellacious fantasy hockey league every season, but this year we've decided to open the fun to anyone who wants to play. So, loyal readers, if you're into this fantasy hockey thing, you should join our league.

Just head over to Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey , click on "Join a League," and then do what I says yotta do:

League ID #: 91821

Password: hellowookies

The draft will be live and for real, not automatic unless you wish your choices to be so. I've tentatively scheduled the draft for 10:00 PM on Monday September 7; if there are all kinds of problems with this, just let me know and I'll happily re-schedule.

It's a points league. You get to choose two centers, two left wingers, two right wingers, four defensemen, two goalies, and four bench players that you can swap in and out as you see fit. That means you actually get to act as a hockey overlord and not as a lucky or unlucky automaton, so hooray!

Limit of 12 teams. Act quickly.

17 comments:

Rawhide said...

I read the title of your blog and naturally assumed it would incorporate yet another classic "Cat Fight" photo.

You can imagine my disappointment.

Jay said...

I'm in.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swegs said...

im in as well.

the jointhead said...

The jointhead would like to bring out his inner sadomasochist by being perpetually beat to shit in his "fantasy" as well. However in the evil world of the medical field people insist on getting sick on memorial day and I work until 11pm. If it could be pushed to 11:30 I will allow you to don the whips, but i hate to fuck up the timing for everyone else. Let me know if this is doable or if its already full or if I should just fuck off.

Razor Catch Prey said...

Jointhead- 11:30 is a little late for most of us on a weeknight. You can join and set up your draft priority and it'll automatically draft for you based on your list. That's how Msr. Catalogues did it last year and it worked out pretty well.

Big Shooter said...

Amazing there was no mention of how BIG SHOOTER kicked everyones ass last year in the fantasy game.

Perhaps it isn't even fair for me to play? And for the record, I agree with Rawhide.

Razor Catch Prey said...

Shooter, you mean how you circumvented the spirit of the game by dropping your goalies?

For the record, the league last year was set up so that each team had two goalies, and they got extra points for a shutout, extra points for a win, but got a point off for every goal allowed. This meant that pretty much every goalie in the league would end up netting negative points, but your choice of goalie would determine how much of a drag they were on your team. Once Shooter figured this out (several weeks in, despite it being explained before the draft) he dumped both of his goalies so he wouldn't be subject to that rule.

Big Shooter said...

I AM NOT A CROOK!!! EVERYTHING I DID WAS WITHIN THE RULES!

Truth be told, once my team took off there was no stopping us, goalies or no goalies. And I put Backstrom back in after I dropped my goalies. I did finish several hundred points ahead of my good friend Razor, goalies didn't lose that many points.

Do I detect some sour grapes perhaps. Heennggh? Heeeennnngggghhh!!

A2B said...

The Party line has made its reservation.

Mortimer Peacock said...

Jointhead-

Don't fuck off, you must take part. I'd second what Razor said and just arrange your draft order the way you want it to be and let the draft robots choose automatically. Like RCP said, it usually works out pretty well.

Conversely, everyone else-

Should I change the time/date?

the jointhead said...

I am fine with robo-drafting don't change the time for others.

A2B said...

hey, just saw some information taht Zerdev was quoted saying he wants to be a thrasher and hopes to finalize a deal in the next few days... its on ESPN insider and they have a source link to Championat.ru.

Mortimer Peacock said...

WHAT WHAT WHAT?

aaron said...

in.

Big Shooter said...

And thats it folks. All 12 teams are booked!

Mortimer Peacock said...

Woooooooo