Friday, March 26, 2010

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

Time is quickly winding down for the regular season.

With eight games to play, the Thrashers sit two points behind the Bruins (who have nine games left) and four points in back of the Flyers (who have no goalie).

While it may seem futile to hold out hope for a team who can't beat the Leafs to squeeze two more points out of a schedule including two games against the Caps and two against the Pens than the Bruins can over nine games, I just can't help it. It's mathematically possible, so I can't give up.

If the Thrashers could get points for Jimmy Slater's heroic efforts, we would be on top of all of the standings.

Come on, guys, win some games for Little Jimmy.

5 comments:

Jay said...

7th and 8th are there for the taking. Philly and Boston are doing their best to give it away. Can the Thrashers do something they've never done, and win a meaningful game? Who knows?

On a side note, you are now looking at a 2010-11 season ticket holder. Yes, I plan on driving 44 times from the Savannah area to Atlanta next season. I am committed, or is it should be committed? I don't know, anyways, I'll be cheering from Section 310 next year!

A2B said...

not be a jerk but its 41 times amigo... unless we got a random 3 preseason home games.

Mortimer Peacock said...

It's also mathematically possible that an airplane will crash on my head today.

Jay said...

I meant the preseason games, too. I'd come up for those as well.

GoPuckYourself said...

Morty--There's a better chance of a plane crashing into your face than there is of Waddell getting fired.

Last night was an anemic effort. Had fantastic seats, and I took 3 people who weren't big hockey fans. Thanks to an abysmally boring game, they still aren't. They spent the whole time checking the score of the Syracuse game on their iPhone. Way to fail, Thrashers.