Thursday, April 10, 2008

Offseason Thoughts...

OK folks... I've been thinking. For those of you who know me personally you know how scary that is.

It is obvious we need a number 1 center (among other things). Those guys just don't grow on trees you know. I'll refrain from speculating what possible players we might get this offseason (other than Jason Smith of course). Consider this scenario for a moment if you will:

Step 1:

Thrashers trade for a #1 center to play with Kovy. Possibly using a combination of Pavelic, our draft pick from the Pens, and a prospect for trade bait. Obviously depending on who we get will dictate our offer. I think we can get a #1 guy without taking someone significant off of our roster.

Step 2:

Sign Moose to backup Kari. Under this scenario we are saying Kari is our man. I'm fine with that.

Step 3:

This leaves us with cap room to still sign 2 top 4 defensemen. Throw in the guy we are going to pick at #3 in the draft and our defense is much better (sounds easy doesn't it!). And again, depending on who we sign we could still have room for a second line winger.

Just some thoughts to chew on. This offseason is loaded with options for us. I don't understand why everyone is so negative. I think this is an exciting time!

For The Blueland Chronicle, I'm Big Shooter.

2 comments:

Mortimer Peacock said...

Pavelec for Savard?

Big Shooter said...

Ha! It would take a lot more than that to get Don Cherry's boyfriend back :)