Thursday, February 12, 2009

Paul Postma, Maybe One Day

So we have this young gentlemen from the WHL that we drafted 207th overall in 2007. He has lately been kicking up a storm in the WHL. Lately I love to check up the power rankings of players on TSN, especially the junior power rankings, because I hope we can draft one of these guys.

I was on the rankings for the WHL, and saw Paul Postma ranked 5th, right behind Evander Kane, with NHL rights to Atlanta. I thought it was bizarre that we actually drafted someone who could be good.

I went to the Hockey News yesterday and saw this. He was again featured on a top ten list about juniors they were excited to see play in the NHL. The Hockey News had this to say about him:

Postma just set a Hitmen record by becoming the first defenseman in team history to record 20 goals in a season. The 6-foot-3, 184-pound defenseman could still stand to fill out a bit more, but with 66 points and a mind-bending plus-46 rating in 56 games, it’s hard to argue with the results.

I've always wanted a diamond in the rough. Maybe one day. Whatever happens, it's exciting to read and think about.

1 comment:

Mortimer Peacock said...

I remember seeing Postma score a goal during that whole Prospects Joustmatch back in the pre-season.

So, yeah. He can score goals, apparently.