Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Morning After

Did the Thrashers still win that game? Are they still considered the official victors? I see Puck Daddy has declared Anze Kopitar the Star of the Western Hemisphere. NHL.com knows what's up with their "King Kovalchuk" headline and their crowning him 1st Star of the Late West Coast Night. Yes they do, yes they do.

If you kids haven't been following the Battle of California's coverage of the Thrashers' road trip, from the other side of course (was it necessary to type that? Would this sentence sound better if I'd just left that clause out?), I urge you to do so now. Fine stuff. And Kings blogger Rudy Kelly has a SERIOUS crush on the Czar. As do we all. As do we all.

R.K.:

I want Ilya Kovalchuk so bad. If i had to choose between boning Jessica Simpson (back when she was hot, not the stretch pant-wearing GIrl Scout troop leader she's turned into) or getting Ilya Kovalchuk on the Kings, I'd take Ilya and never look back. It makes me ill, how badly I want Ilya. I know it would cost a ton to get him* and I know we could just wait and see if he makes it to free agency, but I want him now. I want to savor in his glory and lick the tears of Ducks' fans as Kovalchuk ravages them again and again and again. There's not one player in the league I'd rather have on the Kings than Ilya Kovalchuk.

The Thrashers Party wagon train rolls on to Arizona.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frolov Baggins will be the shit in the future. That guy made me nervous every time he was on the ice. This is going to be a team to contend with in the west in years to come if they can hold onto players.

Mortimer Peacock said...

Yeah, definitely. I think Frolov was trying to compete with Kovalchuk last night, to be honest, but he's a very good player under any circumstances. I'd love to have him on Kovy's right wing...but yeah, if the Kings keep that young group together for a while they're going to be a very big deal.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to do Jessica Simpson doggie-style so we can both watch Kovalchuk on TV. That's called having your cake and eating it, too. Jack Johnson impressed me. He's a pretty good singer, too.

FrenchCatalogues said...

Good lord. I understand.

Mortimer Peacock said...

Jay-

Amazing. I salute your problem-solving abilities.

aaron said...

My God...

Oregon FRICKING Trail.


+1000

Where have you gone, beloved Apple IIe?

Sarah said...

An Oregon Trail reference? Good God I'm going to miss you guys!

Mortimer Peacock said...

Aaron and Sarah-

This blog has been littered with Oregon Trail references ever since this crazy trip began. I hope standards are not slipping among you Chronicle-readers!!!!

Kidding, of course. We know you can't read every last reference to cholera and fording the river.

aaron said...

Sorry, been busy shooting squirrel.

Big Shooter said...

Aaron... Remember, if you shoot a buffalo, don't waste any more ammo. You can only carry 100 pounds back to the wagon.

Todd White has died of dysentery.

Happy trails.

Sarah... pardon my ignorance, but are you going somewhere? Are WE going somewhere? What have you heard... who do you know? Is someone after us? Good God everyone... run to your Y2K Bunkers NOW!!

Mortimer Peacock said...

Alright, I've stockpiled food and ammunition and Truck Nuts. I'm waiting for the flood to wash away Atlanta. I'll have a good view from the 3rd floor.

Laura (aka Hildymac) said...

Oregon Trail is the perfect metaphor for this season.

It's a shame that DW won't be eaten by a bear any time soon.

Sarah said...

Big Shooter, it's more like Mathieu Schneider went somewhere. I'm like the little bird that hangs out with the hippo. I follow my host. =P

But this is a great blog, so it stays in my reader.