Monday, February 23, 2009

Ovie vs Sidney


Back before 1999, I was a poor hockey fan in Georgia that had no team to root for. So for some reason I chose the Washington Capitals (along with my beloved Edmonton Oilers). The Caps big rivalry was the Penguins. Caps and Pens. They met in the playoffs every year it seemed like. The problem was it was the Pens that would always win with some guys named Lemieux and Jagr. Then the Caps got Jagr, and I could no longer root for them. I have morals people. He came close to destroying that franchise. Both the Caps and Pens started to suck, and the rivalry cooled.

To anyone who watched the game yesterday on NBC, or anyone who has paid attention to the season this year, you are very aware of how great this rivalry is yet again. Ovie scored yet again. Crosby whined yet again. Here are some quotes following the game:

"What I can say about him?" Ovechkin said. "He is a good player, but he talks too much."

"Like it or lump it, that's what he does," Crosby said when asked about Ovechkin's showmanship. "Some people like it, some people don't. Personally, I don't like it."

"I was just skating to the bench and he pushed me from behind," said Crosby. "So I just gave him a shot back. That's hockey, and he likes to run around these days, so that was it."

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Daddy, he hurt me! And I think that is the first time I've ever heard an NHL player use the phrase "Lump it". Obviously you know where I stand on this little argument. I just thought it would be interesting to see what our loyal readers think of Sidney.

So, in the spirit of the great Puck Daddy... what say you readers about Crosby: Like it or Lump it?

9 comments:

Mortimer Peacock said...

I can't really add anything to what Ovechkin said. Very good player, one of the best in the game today (though not as good, in my opinion, as certain Russians and a Canadian named Joseph Thornton) but dear God what a loud child. He seems tightly wound, which is understandable given all the pressure and scrutiny he has to deal with.

I think he might need to move out of Mario's and get himself a place of his own. That might help.

Big Shooter said...

So I take it that is a vote for "Lump it".

Anonymous said...

Crosby is extremely talented and I used to like him. Then he used Valabik's nut sack as a speed bag, got into a bitch-slap contest with a Florida Panther, and basically comes across as a spoiled little brat most of the time now. He might not even be the best player on his own team anymore. Ovechkin absolutely, positively fucking rules. He's probably my favorite non-Thrasher. The talent, showmanship, and toughness are fun to watch.

Anonymous said...

In other news the NHL has handed down a 20 game suspension to Alex O for child abuse.

Anonymous said...

LOL, that picture is so great.

Anonymous said...

That...picture...is...amazing!

Anonymous said...

I like the poster in the background. Don't like the baby.

Big Shooter said...

Including my vote (and the 2 Blueland Chronicle contributors that haven't voted) I believe the tally is:

Like It: 0

Lump It: 9

aaron said...

THAT is an epic shop.