Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Some Trades

Greatest

Um.

Kyle McLaren a Flyer now. He'll fit right in.

Samuel Pahlsson to Chicago in exchange for someone. I think this is a sign that they don't think they'll be making the playoffs this year. Pretty surprising, actually.

Oilers, Hurricanes, Kings, and Sabres involved in a 4-team trade. As the Fourth Period said:

In a 4-team trade, the Kings traded Patrick O'Sullivan to Carolina for Justin Williams. Carolina then dealt O'Sulllivan to Oilers with a 2nd round pick for Erik Cole. Oilers then move draft pick to Buffalo for Ales Kotalik.

So...Marty Reasoner. Still a Thrasher.

I'll never get this day back.

2 comments:

Laura (aka Hildymac) said...

Yeah, it was pretty... yeah.

EC traded and Wozniewski traded. All day long staring at the ticker and THAT'S all that I get?

It could have been worse... I could have seen Pronger for Oshie and Perron.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I can think(or hope) is that the Thrashers and Reasoner might be close on some sort of extension. I'm kind of sad to see Christensen go. He has the skill to be an above average player in the NHL, but he seems to play soft and shy away from contact. I can't really say that this deadline was bad for the Thrashers. They acquired some picks and a couple of young prospects for two old UFA's(Schneider and Havelid) and one underperforming RFA(Christensen). I'm glad they held onto Lehtonen.