- Darren Dreger twitted that the Flames are going to make an offer for Jay Bouwmeester TODAY. [Dreger Twee]
- Rob Blake has signed a one-year contract with the Sharks. 3 and a half million. Good job Doug Wilson, and good for you R.B. [San Francisco Chronicle]
- I actually don't remember hearing about this, so I'll report it to myself: The Pens have signed Bill Guerin for 2 years. [TSN]
- Oh snap the Oilers have made an offer to hotshot goalie Dwayne Roloson: one year for $3 million. His best friend Rob Blake sniffs at that kind of money! Decline, Rolly, and come to Atlanta to take the place of one of our goalies. [TSN]
- DAMMIT. The new Jersey Devils have signed defenseman Johnny Oduya to "a multi-year contract." Suppose he won't be the answer to our Top 4 Defenseman woes. [Jameszilla]
- Not related to free agency, BUT: Our very own Ron Hainsey has been invited to training camp for the USA Olympic team WOOOOOO!! The full roster:
Goaltenders: Ryan Miller, Jonathan Quick, Tim Thomas
Defensemen: Tom Gilbert, Tim Gleason, Ron Hainsey, Erik Johnson, Jack Johnson, Mike Komisarek, Paul Martin, Brooks Orpik, Brian Rafalski, Rob Scuderi, Ryan Suter, Ryan Whitney
Forwards: David Backes, David Booth, Dustin Brown, Dustin Byfuglien, Ryan Callahan, Chris Drury, Scott Gomez, Patrick Kane, Ryan Kesler, Phil Kessel, Jamie Langenbrunner, Ryan Malone, Mike Modano, Kyle Okposo, T.J. Oshie, Zach Parise, Joe Pavelski, Bobby Ryan, Paul Stastny.
Woooooo. But where the hell is Zach Bogosian? [USA Hockey]
- Nik Antropov definitely not returning to the Rangers. [Kukla's Korner]
- Dreger thinks the Canucks have offered the Sedins a 5-year contract. [Dreg-Tweet]
- A disreputable source has told me there's going to be (and I quote) "HUGE CANADIENS NEWS AFTER 4 TODAY." [Too Embarrassed to Type Out the Source and Link]
- Flurry of rumors about the Thrashers talking seriously about Tomas Kaberle. I doubt it, but I BET the Thrashers are interested in Pavel Kubina.
And why shouldn't they be? 14 goals and 26 assists last season. And the Leafs need a goalie. All together now: hmmmmm...
- Mike Komisarek WILL test the free agent market. Hold on to your ass. [Mirtle Twitter]
- Kevin Allen of USA Today tweets that Chris Higgins has been traded to the Rangers. WAS THIS THE BIG MONTREAL NEWS? [Kevin Allen Twitter]
- Whoa hey this IS big news: Scott Gomez traded to Montreal for Chris Higgins. Whoa hey. [TSN]
- Toronto sports broadcaster Daren Milard says the Habs are hot after Hossa. [Daren Milard Tweaker]