(watch this space, it'll be continuously updated all day)
- As Darren Dreger and Big Shooter have already reported, the hawt offer for Tomas Kaberle and the 7th pick came from the Boston Bruins. They were willing to hand over Phil Kessel. Looks like Phil will definitely go somewhere. The inevitable question: do we give up the 4th for Kessel? [TSN, Dreger Twitting Machine]
- Ben Wright has made a sexy video about some of the top draftees in Montreal. Brayden Schenn and Evander Kane seem to know about us! [Thrashers TV]
- Ben Wright is a regular Kurosawa. ANOTHER movie, this time featuring himself and Don Waddell in what appears to be a glamorous Montreal hotel room (I really have no idea where it's filmed). [Thrashers TV]
- Darren Dreger tweets the following: "TB gm, Brian Lawton says he expects to hold his pick, 2nd overall, but will listen. Says no discussions on Lecavalier." Now you know. [Darren Dreger's Twitting Emporium]
- YES. NOW we're talking: Puck Daddy delivers with a charming video about the draftees' favorite and least favorite NHL jerseys. Evander Kane has the right answer about the best, sad he took the safe way out about his least favorite. [Puck Daddy]
- Deep thought: I bet the Bruins wanted to land Kaberle and use the #7 pick to draft Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi. Future winger for David Krejci.
- The Falconer writes about some of his impressions and experiences in Montreal. Craig Custance makes an appearance; questions arise about whether the Falconer is Don Waddell's doppelganger or vice versa. [Bird Watchers Anonymous]
- John Anderson has been sighted. [Bird Watchers Anonymous]
- Back from lunch, what'd I miss? Nothing, it seems.
- Whoa hey Ben "Federico Fellini" Wright has conducted a video interview with Thrashers head of amateur scouting Dan Marr, who seems a pleasant mustachioed fellow. [Thrashers TV]
- The Edmonton Oilers are interested in our 4th pick, says the Edmonton Journal. OK, Thrashtards, what's it gonna take for you to give up #4? Hemsky? Cogliano? Gagner? Steve Staios? [Edmonton Journal]
- Deep thought: If the Thrash had a pick of any of the Top 3, I would take Victor Hedman. True story.
- Darren Dreger tweaks: "Tor, Philly, Minny and LA closing in on Ryane Clowe. SJ still trying to sign him." Interesting. Perhaps LA never wanted Heatley. Maybe they were just trying to get Ryane Clowe, this entire time. [Dreger Tweaking Factory]
- Prediction: LA trades down so Delta Burke can unite the Schenns at #5. LA will use the 7th pick to draft Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi. It will happen.
- Garth Snow is a shadow warrior, according to Darren Dreger: "Garth Snow has done a masterful job of hiding his intentions. Outside of his owner, Charles Wang, no one knows what the Isles intend to do." He works in mysterious ways. [Dreger Tweeting Plantation]
- James Mirtle won't stop forcing his Victor Hedman pornography on us God-fearing U.S. Americans. Some of us come to hockey blogs to read about HOCKEY, sir, not to be made feel inferior physique-wise to handsome Swedish defensemen. [From the Rink]
- Your Chronicle editor is missing very important things for this Draft Party tonight. Which goes to show just how much he prefers hockey to most human endeavors. Next time, Bill, next time.
- The Falconer makes good with some photojournalism at the Bell Center. [Bird Watchers Anonymous]
What is it with SB Nation and the hockey porn?!! I am notifying Bettman.
- Let's liven this up with some music.
- According to TSN's live blog, Darren Dreger says that Vincent Lecavalier is physically IN Montreal right now, but he's turned off his phone. [TSN]
- Want to know a fun fact about tonight's hoe-down at TJ's? Thrashers "beat writer" Chris Vivlamore will be there, and I've criticized him somewhat on this very blog. HAHA AWKWARD uhhhhh...
- A good luck song for tonight. Lord knows that golden touch can come in handy.
- The Falconer twitters the following: "EDM's Jim Matheson suggests TOR and EDM making offers for ATL's 4th overall pick." Kaberle? Kubina? Hemsky? WHO? [The Falconer's Twitter-Raptor]
- Not hockey-related, but I came across this on the old Twitter feed and I think there's something indescribably wonderful about it: children's book author/artist and New Yorker cover-designer Maira Kalman writes and draws all about Thomas Jefferson in today's NY Times.