Sunday, October 26, 2008

System Kicking In


First off, last night was rough. It has had an effect on me; even today it hurt so badly, but I'm not freaking out about the team. The problems that cost us the game last night can be fixed. It's not a lack of talent or because we have crap players. It'll just take practice and time. JA will fix it. Again, the thing that keeps me sleeping so well is that man. He saw how bad the power play was, and he fixed it. Kovy looked more comfortable in his positioning, the puck was moving, and we scored on 3 out our 4 power plays. Personally, I'll take that.

Today I was on the message boards, and man, some of the fans were freaking out on levels I don't think I've seen before. They were putting down players left and right. It's almost like they think we don't have any players on our team that are good at all. Some people have been saying Schneider is a disappointment. I just laughed. Yeah that goal last night totally sucked. Who does he think he is scoring on the power play?

Some people think Toby is the worst player now. I have noticed some errors on him, but by no means am I upset with him. Big Shooter and I were watching him at one of the recent home games, and he was talking about a defensive play Toby did that was magnificent. He had another one in a later game as well. Big Shooter went into depth of the shutdown that Toby did and how probably no one will notice it and what a good job he did. That is the case. Yes, we wish Enstrom could of cleared the puck last night, but it is not the easiest job in the world to be a short defenseman.

Also, last night I noticed another young defenseman coming into his own. Obviously this was Bogo. He seems to have gotten more comfortable with holding the puck and not immediately passing it. It looks like he getting more used to moving it in an NHL game. There were some people on the boards saying he should have scored by now and why hasn't he scored like three goals. I mean, really? You expect an 18-year-old rookie defenseman to of scored in the first eight games? Talk about high expectations. The boy is only going to get better. Also, during the game he did a great shutdown and I screamed "OgoBogo." For those of you that don't know Ogopogo is lake monster in British Columbia supposedly along the lines of Champ and the Loch Ness Monster, just another nickname to throw out there for my own and hopefully your amusement.


Things that I came out with from the game:
- We scored on the power play :)
- M Schneider scored and was a good addition (something I already knew)
- Kovy scored
- Slava scored
- Williams scored
- Army is an amazing human being
- Moose did not lose the game for us
- Zdeno Chara is really tall and scored
- Lucic is a badass, I mean did you see the moves on that last goal?
- Boston has a weird ice issue apparently
- We should've won
- Too bad we didn't
- That makes me sad
- I'm not worried about our team
- Give us time
- I have faith, but I'm not blind

5 comments:

Mortimer Peacock said...

OgoBogo. I love it.

Yes, I was supremely upset about last night BUT I also realize that we continue to improve (power play, etc.) and that Anderson's system is gradually kicking in. Give it time.

The Falconer said...

I think people need to calm down and look at the schedule. We have played a lot of likely playoff teams so far. We probably haven't been favored in most of these games. The Thrashers are not that talented but they play hard which all you can ask of the players.

FrenchCatalogues said...

This is true. November is a much better schedule. We've had to play some tough teams pretty early in the year.

A2B said...

I think its insane how impatient these fans that are criticising the thrashers are. I have been a face since day one and will always bleed blue in Phillips, and just looking at the stats makes me realize that we are becoming a team finally for maybe the second time in this franchise's short history (The other being the year we went through 13 goalies and still almost made the playoffs). Never before have we seen guys literally sacrifice themselves in practice to make this team better. Yes we are off to a slow start... wahoo, it means nothing. We are starting to show serious sings that we can go on a 5 game winning streak and score at will once we get on track.

Tiffany said...

Today I was on the message boards

sweetie, that right there's your problem! just stop going! admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. and really, it's a FACT that internet message boards are populated by socially inept losers who live in their mothers basements, and couldn't tell a snapshot from a wrister if their beloved god darren eliot didn't point it out for their dumb asses.

:)