Sunday, November 15, 2009

Gameday: Oilers

As loyal readers, you may know that the Oilers are Big Shooter's SECOND favorite team in the hockey NHL. Heck, the enitre Chronicle staff has even been to Edmonton to take in a game (minus the Short Handed Mole, he and I can't be in the same room due to a court order). Always a good time for me when the Oil come to town.

They play a similar game to the Thrash. Up tempo, fast skaters that don't mind trading chances up and down the ice. Ales Hemsky has all the talent in the world, but they can't seem to find anyone to play with him. I'm not sold on the whole Dustin Penner thing. Does he have talent, yes. I just don't see him keeping it up. In every interview he likes to talk about how the reason for his resurgence is the coaching change. He doesn't take any blame for himself, why should he? All he did was show up for both training camps fat. This means that MacT's delicious pies he customarily makes for all of his players in the offseason are to blame. I hear Pat Quinn is not so great in the kitchen, thus Penner is reborn.

ANYWAY, should be a very entertaining game to watch today. The Oil are not all that physical, so some of our smaller guys should have a chance to do some damage. Am I the only one that takes comfort the year has gone pretty well so far with a combined 2 goals from Little, Kozlov, and Antropov? And it has gone so well with Kovy missing 6 games. I get the sense that we could be close to taking off. Three game win streak... keep up the winning and I believe a Kovy signing should be in the near future. If the boys were ever going to put together an extending winning streak, THIS IS THE TIME TO DO IT. I beg of you boys, keep it rolling and the Czar will be ours forever! Forever! DO YOU HEAR ME... FOREVER!!

MUUUUUUAAAAAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

the jointhead said...

At least Little has those two goals, and Antropov has just under 100 assists. Kovlov the russian sniper has been a waste of space this season, which especially pisses me off after in went through the trouble of drafting him in our fantsy league.

GoPuckYourself said...

VICTORY!

And Kozlov picked a good time to get that first goal.

j_barty_party said...

Slava shocks the monkey and goes top shelf where momma hides the cookies!!

Why the hell did y'all leave so quickly?? You missed a chance to wrangle a Mooooooooooose!!!!!!

krisabelle said...

Not only did you miss a Moose, but also the amazing magic of a drunken assclown spewing a burrito platter all over the patio of Taco Mac! HOT TIMES! Enjoyed your shoes, Frenchie!

Monkey Spank said...

Oh my ass!!! Slava smacked me good!!

Damn wine drinkin' sissy!

Big Shooter said...

Well, I left so quickly because I had to pee BEFORE you graciously brought me a free beer. The last few minutes of the game were filled with pleasure because we were winning, but also fear because I thought I was going to wet myself.

krisabelle said...

One word, homes: DEPENDS.

Big Shooter said...

K-Belle: Noted. Next time I shall wet myself.

Mortimer Peacock said...

Jointhead-

I feel your pain about the fantasy league. I was in your position last season.

Lt. General Taylor said...

I have pissed myself and there is nothing you can do about it!!