Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Look at This

So your editor is trying to finish Some Work while watching the US Open and emptying a bottle of wine.

I realize that hockey at Philips Arena is still a little over a week away (!!!).*

So I thought I'd share this not-hockey story with you.

You know how idiots are always complaining that the news is too negative and gloomy, too full of "bad news" and such? Too many massacres, bombings, and hideous crimes and not enough...what, exactly? Alas, my friends, that's the world. But the world also includes marvelous stuff, like scientists discovering entirely unknown, uncharted ecosystems of strange animals in remote volcanic jungles in the South Pacific.

From the Guardian:

A lost world populated by fanged frogs, grunting fish and tiny bear-like creatures has been discovered in a remote volcanic crater on the Pacific island of Papua New Guinea.

HELL YEAH! Wondrous article here. Even more wondrous photo gallery here.

Well look at that, lovely Danish wunderkind Caroline Wozniack has beaten pretty 17-year-old Marietta wunderkind Melanie Oudin. On to Federer! Federer vs. Soderling (a man of few illusions and a hot girlfriend), to be exact.

*Though, ominously, I see that my tickets haven't yet arrived.

1 comment:

the jointhead said...

evolution gives me a major league woody! I always wanted to trek into uncharted forest in search on new discoveries. Like indiana jones with a bug net!