Saturday, July 5, 2008

Dan Boyle is a Fucking Idiot

From the St. Petersburg Times:

"I've given this franchise everything I had. I love the area. I love the fans. But at the end of the day, I was misled and lied to and completely disrespected. When you threaten to be put on waivers and end up in Atlanta, it was an eye-opening situation for me."

From the (perceived) safety of the Ottawa Sun, he proceeds to really put the boot in:

Boyle said he was pushed into waiving his no-trade clause after a member of Bolts management told him if he didn't agree to a trade, he'd be put on waivers and would likely have been claimed by the Thrashers.

"There's a hundred different ways this could have gone down. I was under the impression I was a piece of the puzzle," said Boyle. "I just can't believe they'd tell me one thing and do another. (That's) where it took a turn for me, when things got personal. Business is business. My personal characteristics and my work ethic were called into question.

"I've been a top guy in ice time the last few years. They call my work ethic into question? I work out to be in the best shape possible and things about me were questioned. It got to the point where my ass was threatened to be put on waivers and I was going to be picked up by a last-place team that wouldn't win for the next six years. You tell me, is that any way to do (bleeping) business?

I was prepared to support Dan Boyle because 1) he was genuinely fucked over by the new Tampa ownership, and 2) because he's headed to my second-favorite team.

Not anymore. It takes a special kind of Dickheadery to sign a six-year deal with a team with a worse record than us (at the trade deadline, too, long before the Saw takeover and blitz of new contracts) then, for no reason, lay into the Thrashers when it becomes clear you won't be playing on the "new and improved" Lightning. Fuck Dan Boyle. I hope we play the Sharks at home next year and get the chance to sing the appropriate Dan Boyle hymns.

P.S. Fuck Mark Recchi too. Kamloops, BC is a shit town.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

OMG! OK Dan Boyle can get a UFIA. We don't need a jerkoff like that in our room. What a douchenozzle.

What happened with Rex? I didn't find any news on it...

WHY DOES THIS TEAM HAVE EITHER A) THE WORST NEWS COVERAGE EVER AND/OR B) INCOMPETENT MANAGEMENT WHO WAITS UNTIL THE 11TH HOUR WHEN NO ONE GOOD IS LEFT.

Big Shooter said...

Rex was asked if he was gonna sign with us and said, "uh... no". He pretty much said he wanted to play for a winner and not be on a bad team.

No thank you for pulling his fading career out of the craper. No mention of the fact that after the season was over he said he wanted to come back.

Honestly, I think he was upset he didn't get re-signed right away. And yes, his hometown of Kamloops is a shit town.

Tiffany said...

he can kiss my ass. KARI hasn't even been re-signed yet so he can go sit on his ass and coach the baby blazers for all i care.

Anonymous said...

I found Boyo Boyle's address if anyone wants to express their feelings on his insulting comments about our Thrashers more directly.

Razor Catch Prey said...

Wow, I missed this when it happened. All I can really say is that I am floored by the douchebaggery Boyle displayed in those comments. Yes, I agree he was mistreated by the Bolts. But running down a completely unrelated franchise is low class.

Yes, Kamloops is the Detroit of Canada.