Saturday, July 5, 2008

Brian Burke Gets It in the Face

I'm sure you've read this in several places already, but I'm sorry, it's just too good:

"Where do I begin?," started Lowe. "He's a moron, first of all. Secondly, he really believes that any news for the NHL is good news. Thirdly, he loves the limelight and I don't think anyone in hockey will dispute that. Lastly, he's in a pathetic hockey market where they can't get on any page of the newspaper let alone the front page of the sports, so any of this stuff carries on."

...

This guy is an absolute media junkie and I guess he's achieving what he wants because he gets his name in the headlines. But the reality is, I hate the fact that my name is linked to his. He's an underachieving wanna-be in terms of success in the NHL. He won a Stanley Cup? Great. I've won six Stanley Cups, you want to count rings?"

Ouch! Go, K-Lowe, go!

1 comment:

Big Shooter said...

Finally! I've been hearing that blow-hard go on and on and on for the past year.

You don't mess with Lowe and Mac T. Although, I am a little biased.