Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Chronicle Sells Out

Massive apologies to Big Shooter for bumping down his lovely elegy for Jack Falla, but we of the Chronicle (or I, acting unilaterally) have an announcement to make.

We're doing ads now. Strangely, this coincides with the much more popular Pensblog's announcement that they, too, are doing ads.

The economy is in the outhouse basement and I need more money. The gigolo business just can't cover all my expenses anymore. So don't be alarmed if you see ugly disfiguring ads in the right column from now on. It's all about money:

10 comments:

FrenchCatalogues said...

We want more money! How about some of that internet money

Big Shooter said...

Sad. Please accept this as my resignation.

Tiffany said...

Shooter, you can come blog for me. I'll never have ads up :)

Big Shooter said...

Sounds like a plan. I'm glad not everyone sells their soul for $30 every three months!!!!

FrenchCatalogues said...

hey, you know you need LASIK surgery Big Shooter! If you resign, I do know where you live, and I know people that can take Messier jerseys, people that can hurt.

Mortimer Peacock said...

Shooter, not all of us are real estate barons with cronies in local, state, and federal government and John McCain's nuclear death industry.

P.S. This is actually much more than $30 a month.

P.P.S. My actual views about money are perfectly encapsulated in the song in the YouTube clip.

FrenchCatalogues said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FrenchCatalogues said...

As long as you don't advertise anything dealing with Koules. Don't drink it!

Tiffany said...

Shooter: deal. But you have to drink the Kari kool-aid!!!!

Big Shooter said...

From inside sources I just found out how much we are getting paid.

I'm all for it now... as long as I get my cut!!!!!!

Don't even bother, I know I'm a whore.