Friday, August 20, 2010

Boris Valabik Simply Does Not Care For These Dreams-Within-Dreams Sequences


Ben Wright recently caught up with everyone's favorite pretend boyfriend Slovak defenseman, the Badger of Bratislava himself, and asked him some questions about the Cinema. Boris Valabik, you see, is the James Agee/Pauline Kael of the Atlanta Thrashers, and by gum he has OPINIONS, people!

Like, for instance, that weird Christopher Nolan movie about corporate spies + dreams + Leo DiCaprio, the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun, and that sultry/gamine/hot French chick acting stone cold nuts? NOT A GOOD FILM.

You’re known as one of the bigger movie buffs on the team. Have you seen any this summer?

VALABIK: “I don’t feel like going to the movie theatre when I’m back home, but I go to a lot here. I saw
The Other Guys a few days ago. It was hilarious, but back home I hardly go at all. I don’t even watch TV there.”

Everyone has been talking about
Inception. Have you seen it yet?

VALABIK: That was the one movie I saw at home. I don’t know if I liked it that much. It was confusing from the beginning so I didn’t think it was as good as people say. Everyone is giving it four or five stars- I thought it was good, but not that good. I hated the end. I need movies with a good ending, and that wasn’t one to me. I’m going to
Dinner for Schmucks sometime soon because I know it will be funny, and The Other Guys was funny. I like Will Ferrell a lot. Those are my kind of movies right.

Thank you Boris, THANK YOU.

P.S. Boris has also recovered from that unfortunate injury or whatever it was, so hooray!

2 comments:

Razor Catch Prey said...

That's exactly what I thought when I saw Inception: "this is going to be way over Boris Valabik's head."

GoPuckYourself said...

Yeah, but the guy likes NEW Will Ferrell movies. Ever since Anchorman and (maybe) Talladega Nights, it's been all down hill from there. That's more than enough for me to want to trade this guy.

I'm sure Kulda & Paul Postma appreciate a good foreign film and the works of David Fincher...and for that reason they should find themselves on our roster.