Monday, February 28, 2011
Trade Deadline Liveblog, 2011 Edition
You all know the news already, surely? No one needs blogs anymore, now that Twitter has buried the universe.
But let's accept the futility and soldier on anyway, like tragic heroes of fate and destiny, or something. The news so far:
- We've signed Mark Stuart to some sort of contract, which is good.
- We've traded Niclas Bergfors and beloved AHL man Patrick Rissmiller to Florida for Radek Dvorak and a 5th-round pick. Amazing that we could get such a famous 19th century composer for such a reasonable price!
- Man, the Florida Panthers are actually going through with this "blowing up the team" thing. I would too, 'twere I Dale Tallon. Your editor likes the Wideman-to-the-Caps deal. Also: they need to trade Tomas Vokoun, one of Earth's best goaltenders, for a massive return. Surely some playoff-contending out there is smart enough to take him.
- Rick Dudley really loves these guys from his Panther past, doesn't he? God I hope this team gets bought sometime soon.
- Also: You do realize this Bergfors-for-Dvorak trade means that, essentially, Ilya Kovalchuk has become Radek Dvorak.
- Thrashers have picked up Rob Schremp. Hm.
- Goodbye Freddy Modin. Thanks for the memories. Welcome, 7th-round pick (a.k.a. Pavel Datsyuk or Mark Messier or someone like that, probably).