Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Blogging Catastrophes

Let's imagine a scenario: you run a hockey blog and decide to write a seasonal post that comically intertwines hockey and Christmas. You decide to spice it up with a picture of something Christmas-and-hockey-related. Where do you find such pictures? Why, you Google "Christmas + hockey" and wait for something Haw Haw to pop up in the Images search.

Daculafan of FanThrashtic did just this a few days ago for the opening post in his ongoing "12 Days of Christmas the Hockey Way" series. I'm ashamed to say I haven't checked FanThrashtic this week until tonight. When I did, I was horrified to realize that both Daculafan and I had used the EXACT SAME COMICAL PICTURE OF SANTA CLAUS WITH A HOCKEY STICK. He in his first "12 Days of Christmas the Hockey Way" post, and I in my annual Christmas gift guide post.

So now you all probably think I'm stealing ideas. What a country! How fucking embarrassing.

4 comments:

Big Shooter said...

I won't lie, I was a wondering about that. Thought you two might have had some kind of agreement.

Mortimer Peacock said...

Originality is important here at TBC. Stealing another man's work is the worst thing any of us could do.

Jay said...

Kovy just called. The contract is off. He can't own a blog full of plagiarists. He feels shame for you.

Daculafan said...

I thought it was funny myself..like showing up to a party with somebody else wearing the same clothes. It's all good Morty..it just shows that great minds..or seriously warped minds, as the case may be, think alike.

Merry Christmas to all my friends at the Chronicle