Monday, April 13, 2009

The Look on the Bear's Face

- I implore you to head over to Puck Daddy and watch the Bruins' newest advertising campaign. It's hellarious.

- Mike Knobler waits 'til the end of the season, long after Don Waddell has left his drawing room and gone to bed, to ask: "Don Waddell: Should he stay or should he go?" It's a well-considered article, and eventually Knobler comes down on the side of ambiguity. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say he lets the facts speak for themselves. On the one hand, Rich Peverley. On the other: "The Thrashers planned to begin their ninth season with a top line of Ilya Kovalchuk, Erik Christensen and Jason Williams." Gads.

- Meanwhile, the Chronicle is interested to know just who our legions of readers will be cheering for in this go-round of the playoffs. Now that our sad and beloved Thrashers are out, what team makes you excited about the Hockey? 

4 comments:

FrenchCatalogues said...

That bear knows what's up. The first time it showed its face I think I nearly got a hernia.

aaron said...

That bear freaking kills me. That, and "She's so prettttty..."

Sentimental favorite: Hawks.
Team with a chance: Bruins

Big Shooter said...

The Oilers.

Jay said...

I was in Vegas back in January and laid $20 each on the Capitals(8-1 odds) and the Flyers(15-1 odds), so I hope it's one of them. Taking my monetary gains out of the equation, I would love to see some upsets in the West(Columbus and St. Louis to be exact). After that, I don't care. I just want to see some good hockey.