Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'd Forgotten What Losing Was Like

Well, you can't win them all, I suppose. The Thrashers will have a fine opportunity for revenge on Tuesday night. SOMEBODY has to win the season series (currently tied at 2-2, I believe*)...

Yes, it sucks we lost, and those Caps sure are rough, but:

- So nice to see Colby Armstrong score his 20th.

- So nice to see the Czar score his 42nd.

- If next season Slava Kozlov plays as well as he did this season, and if the Thrashers make the playoffs, we're solemnly obligated to retire his jersey some day. I'm completely serious.

- That goes for Jimmy Slater as well.

Sorry for abandoning the Hockey Commentary this past weekend. I confess I didn't watch the game against the Panthers on Friday night, but needless to say, Nice Win and So Forth.

Yes indeed.

*IN FACT, that's of course all wrong. The Caps lead the series 3-2. At the moment. Thanks to Jared in Tallahassee for the correction.

2 comments:

Jared in Tallahassee said...

Actually Morty, the Caps lead the series 3-2.

Mortimer Peacock said...

Well I'll be. That's of course what i meant.