Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just Off the Wire! Short Handed Mole Reports on Key Thrashers Signing Activity



Just learned from sources in the NHL that Don Waddell had his first off-season meeting with Ilya Kovalchuk this week. By all accounts Kovalchuk, who has been spending some time in Miami and will continue his summer relaxation on the Côte d'Azur, is enthusiastic about signing an extension. A report about this also appeared on CBC radio this afternoon.

Meanwhile, Waddell has inked defenseman Anssi Salmela to a 2-year deal. A busy man, and rightly so.

For the Blueland Chronicle World Service, I'm the Short Handed Mole.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How valuable do you think Salmela is?

Razor Catch Prey said...

Is it just me, or does the Short Handed Mole actually have kind of long hands?

Mortimer Peacock said...

I think he's just unable to resist a bad pun.

Mortimer Peacock said...

Mr. Recaps-

Don't know about the SHM, but I really liked what I saw of Salmela last season. Not sure how much money he'll be making, but I'd say he's worth...actually, being sub-retarded in teh Math I'm really awful at estimating these things. Now the Chronicle will have to hire an accountant.

FrenchCatalogues said...

Yeh I dig that Salmela. I remember in some games he would occasionally pull a "Savard Spin-o-rama," which was pretty cool.

Big Shooter said...

Well there goes my post, eh Frenchy?

FrenchCatalogues said...

There it goes. Next time I'll refrain from telling Morty the news who then passes all the good topics to the Mole guy.

Big Shooter said...

There was even more inside scoop than that but alas, The Chronicle world will now never know...

Mortimer Peacock said...

Shooter, if you have information by all means share it. It's up to you to post what you've heard. The SHM was just trying to be on top of things.

FrenchCatalogues said...

The Mole just wants a Pulitzer. He camps out in Pierre LeBrun's trash.

Big Shooter said...

I agree with Frenchy on this one. My, the things one finds in Pierre LeBrun's trash... disgusting!!!