- If you found the post below overly harsh on the players, pour yourself some whiskey, pop in a good John Leguizamo movie, and nod off to pleasant dreams of The Pest crossed with Executive Decision. I don't mean to be cruel (well, yes, yes actually I do), but...well, put it this way: God bless the Czar, the Kahlua Line, Hainsey, Enstrom, and our three goalies. As for the others: some of them are good on occasion, but not nearly good enough on a consistent basis; some try very hard and I thank them for it (looking at you, Jimmy Slater); others are nice, likable people that can't play a full game of NHL hockey. Sorry. That's just how it is. No point in wallowing in denial.
- None of this means that you shouldn't watch the Thrashers or cheer for them.
- If the Thrashers do get the number one draft pick next summer (not saying they will; just admitting that it's at least a possibility) drafting a player like John Tavares would help the team's young core quite a bit on the road to Stanley Cup contention. Little, Bogosian, Hainsey, Pavelec/Lehtonen, Esposito, and Kulda are an excellent nucleus. If Kovy stays, we are well and truly set.
- John Anderson is an excellent coach. His coaching staff is excellent as well.
- The Atlanta Spirit must be using the Thrashers as a kind of money-laundering operation. I think they care about the Hawks quite a bit; the Thrashers they couldn't be less interested in.
- The Thrashers' situation would be immediately improved by a change of ownership and a new general manger.
Sleep tight, now. Pleasant dreams.