Sunday, December 14, 2008

Coach's Corner, 12/13

First off, I'd like to give a tip of the hat to the Falconer and all others who take the time to look up stats and various other things "numbers related". Never been my thing.

I had the idea to do a break down of our games this season and last season to see how many times we have faced the opposing teams backup goalie. I got a couple games in and gave up. I don't need to look up the numbers to know we have faced the backup goalie more than our share. That is bad on a couple different fronts. One, when you repeatedly face the backup that means the other team doesn't perceive you as a big threat. The second thing is, we finished 28th last year and well on our way this year, AND A LOT OF OUR GAMES ARE AGAINST THE SECOND BEST GOALIE ON THE TEAM.

Have I depressed you yet? Not my intention, but just something I thought I would point out. Enjoy Coach's Corner and remember life's number one lesson: If you dress the part, you will be the part.



For The Blueland Chronicle, I'm Big Shooter.

No comments: