Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sailing to Byzantium

Like you, we're eager to hear all about whatever it is Ilya Kovalchuk decides to do with his life. Your Chronicle is one of the few Thrashers-centric outlets that thinks it'd be a fine thing if he, for some reason, came back to Atlanta. Like I've said a few times in the past week or so, we need a stellar top-six forward, and you won't find a better one than Kovalchuk.

"Been there, done that," I hear you say, Dr. Dre-like.

The difference between Kovalchuk Then and Hypothetical Kovalchuk Now is that the Thrashers can now offer him a strong supporting cast. And, perhaps, new owners.

Whatever Kovy chooses, your TBC editor likely won't be able to cover very much of it, as this evening he's setting off for various cities beyond our shores and will be Gone for two weeks. I'll still have ready Internet access during that time, but I'll probably try to avoid it as much as I can. Nonetheless, if something Big happens, you can expect an Important Post.

Longtime hockey-blogging heartthrob Big Shooter will be manning the U.S.S. Blueland Chronicle in my absence. Razor Catch Prey would join in too, but he's busy with "honeymoon" stuff in Antigua. And Monsieur Catalogues, well, he doesn't really exist.

So enjoy the Kovalchuking tension, and the desolate wasteland (in terms of hockey news) that will follow his ultimate decision. Like I said, most of the time I'll be visiting old friends in the shadow of St. Marylebone Parish or furiously trying to repair the U.S.-Turkish NATO alliance. But if something big happens, or if the fancy takes me, I shall post.

Anyway. Later!

5 comments:

j_barty_party said...

Oh dear Heavens!! I can't believe I forgot all about your journey to the not-so-far East. Although aren't you going some place more exotic than England? Shit, I am so jealous cuz you'll be over there during the British Open!!

Well, apologies for not being in touch since the Draft Party. We shall party lustily and tirelessly upon your triumphant return.

Godspeed and bon voyage and "don't fake the funk on a nasty (blunt)" if you end up in Amersterdam!!

Your humble servant,
Speaker

PS - I can't believe you're gonna leave us to the whims and devices of that damn hillbilly from Dawsonville...quel dommage!

Mortimer Peacock said...

Like I said, I've been sent to salvage the badly damaged U.S.-Turkey bromance.

Mortimer Peacock said...

THOUGH I will be in England first, to repair a few somewhat damaged M. Peacock-other people bromances.

GoPuckYourself said...

For your long flight, I have a fantastic article about a certain diva NBA free agent. If you sub out Kovalchuk's name for LeBron's, it's a hilarious read.

GoPuckYourself said...

Oh, maybe if I posted the link to it, that would be helpful, no?

http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-james-is-a-cocksucker?skyline=true&s=i