Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"People are crazy and times are strange..."

Thought we'd take a break from all the Thrashers Angst to wish America's greatest living poet and songwriter a happy 70th birthday. To which Bob Dylan might say, "Don't get up gentlemen, I'm only passing through..."

We're going to forgo the 60's and 70's material and post this recent-ish masterpiece instead. It's actually one of your Chronicle editor's favorites. The lyrics, strangely enough, sum up my current attitude towards the Thrashers debacle almost exactly.



I’ve been walking forty miles of bad road
If the Bible is right, the world will explode
I’ve been trying to get as far away from myself as I can
Some things are too hot to touch
The human mind can only stand so much
You can’t win with a losing hand


***

Oh what the hell, let's just post a bunch of other Dylan songs/videos for an after-midnight musical feast.











5 comments:

Tim said...

Gonna miss you guys Trasher commentary if this does shake down, but in the words of Mr. Dylan…


Shadows are fallin' and I've been here all day
It's too hot to sleep and time is runnin' away
Feel like my soul has turned into steel
I've still got the scars that the sun didn't heal
There's not even room enough to be anywhere
It's not dark yet but it's gettin' there.

Well, my sense of humanity has gone down the drain
Behind every beautiful thing there's been some kind of pain
She wrote me a letter and she wrote it so kind
She put down in writin' what was in her mind
I just don't see why I should even care
It's not dark yet but it's gettin' there.

Well, I've been to London and I been to gay Paris
I've followed the river and I got to the sea
I've been down on the bottom of the world full of lies
I ain't lookin' for nothin' in anyone's eyes
Sometimes my burden is more than I can bear
It's not dark yet but it's gettin' there.

I was born here and I'll die here against my will
I know it looks like I'm movin' but I'm standin' still
Every nerve in my body is so naked and numb
I can't even remember what it was I came here to get away from
Don't even hear the murmur of a prayer
It's not dark yet but it's gettin' there.

Mortimer Peacock said...

"Not Dark Yet" does sum things up pretty well. Jesus...

pay per head reviews said...

oh I liked so much that video and song of Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan, thank you so much for sharing it dear blogger! :D

kevin caryston said...

Very nice blog , I found it very useful .Even I have this wonderful website, Good quality of windows and doors are very essential for any workplace norton.com/setup

www.norton.com/setup

kevin caryston said...

Very nice article, I found it very useful .Even I have this wonderful website, Good quality of windows and doors are very essential for any workplace www.avg.com/activate

avg.com/activate
www.avg.com/retail