Friday, May 20, 2011

Life Is Trouble.

Your editor was slightly out of the loop last night, so he's only now finding out about Stephen Brunt's Globe and Mail report:

An agreement to sell the National Hockey League’s Atlanta Thrashers to a Winnipeg group which plans to relocate the franchise to the Manitoba capital is done.

Sources confirmed Thursday night that preparations are being made for an announcement Tuesday, confirming the sale and transfer of the Thrashers to True North Sports and Entertainment...

As I tweeted a few days ago, True North investor David Thomson (Lord Thomson to you) owns an 85% stake in the Globe and Mail, so depending on how you look at it the report is either A) compromised by a conflict of interest, or B) probably accurate, because if any publication is the first to know it'll be the Globe and Mail.

Whatever the case may be regarding this particular report, I think it's safe to assume we're now witnessing the endgame. Heartbreaking, yes, but life is full of heartbreak. Feeling intensely about something---and many people do feel very intensely about their hockey team---means you're fully alive. Even when you're devastated. As Zorba says:

18 comments:

Mr. Speaker said...

Well said, only thing worse than feeling gutted is to be gutted and hungover. Excuse me while I go vomit my soul.

Anonymous said...

what team does My Chronicle suggest native ATLiens root for now? the Winnipeg NotThrashers? Nashville? Poop?

Mortimer Peacock said...

POOP.

Razor Catch Prey said...

I will root for Winnipeg because this is the ASG and NHL's fault, not True North or the Winnipeg fans. And they're still our players.

I'll also root for Nashville, Edmonton, and Colorado. Other than that I will just continue to have certain players I pull for like Kessler, Ryan Miller, Tim Thomas, Ovechkin, Kovy, Parise, etc.

Big Shooter said...

I vote for Poop as well. Oilers and Caps for me. Fans of them long before Thrashers ever exsisted.

Big Shooter said...

IS IT TYME TO POOP YET?!???

Mortimer Peacock said...

Still not sure who I'm going to cheer for. Still not sure how I'll react to this Winnipeg Thrashers team, but Razor is correct that none of this should be blamed on True North or the Winnipeg fans. They're just excited about getting a team...it must be nice to have a team.

GoPuckYourself said...

My hierarchy of fanboylove for the post-Zombie Apocalypse NHL is as follows
1) Avs
2) Canucks
3) Pens
4) Preds
5) Canes

I realized that I seriously hate most of the teams in the Eastern Conference, and the only reason Raleigh makes the list is because it's close enough that I can move there and still follow all the other Atlanta teams with relative ease.

kevin caryston said...

Very nice blog , I found it very useful .Even I have this wonderful website, Good quality of windows and doors are very essential for any workplace norton.com/setup

www.norton.com/setup

avg.com/retail said...

Very nice article, I found it very useful .Even I have this wonderful website, Good quality of windows and doors are very essential for any workplace www.avg.com/activate

avg.com/activate
www.avg.com/retail

thenortonsetup.com said...

I found this is an informative blog and also very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this blog norton.com/setup


www.norton.com/setup

Buy Ambien 10mg Online said...

This is an informative blog. Keep it up. I am looking forward to this kind of blog. Thanks for sharing it with us Buy Ambien Online

Order Ambien Online

Unknown said...

Nice post, you give a clear idea of the topic and I subscribed to your blog, I have some links to share here.

Xanax Bars For Sale Online


buy Xanax online

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this blog, It is an amazing blog, I am really impressed by your blog, It’s really useful.

Buy Clonazepam online


Unknown said...

Nice post, you give the clear idea of the topic and I subscribed your blog, I have some links to share here

Buy Xanax Online

David said...

Thanks for sharing with us your wonderful knowledge website keep it up xanax for sale

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this blog. It is an amazing blog. I am really impressed by your blog. It’s really useful.

Buy Valium Online

PayEasyPro said...

This is just what I'm looking for: a great site with interesting material. Thank you for creating this website; I will return. I seldom come across blogs.