Monday, August 24, 2009

Nation of Hockey Derelicts



Do you people not care about the planning behind our great nation's 2010 hockey offensive? Brigadier General Razor Catch Prey wrote a post last Friday wondering about possible line-ups for Team USA in Vancouver next February, and it got a measly 4 comments, all of them written by either General Prey or myself. Needless to say, this has caused great distress at Chronicle General Staff Headquarters. Where is our morale? Are we so intimidated by Russians and Canadians and Swedes and Czechs and Slovaks and Finns that we've lost the will to strategize?!

But seriously: are you kids excited about 2010 or are you simply not that interested? I ask in the spirit of disinterested inquiry, not judgement; regardless of what everyone else thinks, the Chronicle shall go on looking at maps and drawing imaginary lines.

7 comments:

Daculafan said...

I get excited about Olympic hockey usually about December or so...by then the team is usually set and you've seen a good idea of how the players are performing through half of the NHL season almost. The downside to Olympic hockey is that it stops NHL which in my opinion is exponentially more exciting. Having said all that...I think it will be fun to see Thrashers on all the different teams doing what they do...as far as the US team...I liked the General's lines

Big Shooter said...

I find international hockey just as exciting as NHL playoff hockey, and I can't wait.

As for the lines, I'm going to wait and see what Kurt Russell has in store for us before I make any decisions...

A2B said...

I can't wait for it. Its going to be hard to catch games since its like 3 hrs behind EST but it will be cool.

Razor Catch Prey said...

It was surprisingly easy to catch games four years ago when they were playing in Italy, so I don't anticipate there being much trouble this time around in Vancouver. There may be a couple of late nights, but I'd imagine they will probably have earlier than normal start times for a lot of the games for that reason.

Hopefully they will keep up the good online streaming that they had for the summer games last year so we can watch at work when they play early round games at 3pm.

International hockey is just as exciting if not more so than NHL playoff hockey. There's just more at stake and the skill level is much higher.

FrenchCatalogues said...

I don't listen to hip hop........


No it'll be ridiculous. The talent pool will be over the top.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm just thinking about the next NHL season right now. Do you know if the games will be archived somewhere, or can you only watch live?

the joinhead. said...

Foootbaallll baby!! Foooooooooooooooooottttttotototoototobbbbaallllalallll!!!!!!!! Get back to me in october for specifics..