Saturday, August 8, 2009

Important Things (To Keep You Jumping Like Kangaroos)

Still no hockey. I checked.

First of all, hey! Are you looking for a good musical time tonight? You could do worse than to head over (or down, or up) to the Highland Inn on the corner of North Avenue and North Highland for a curious ensemble called Roman Photos. Sort of a cross between Kraftwerk and Kylie Minogue and Everclear. After their short set you can walk across the street to the greatest non-Thrasher place in all Atlanta and rent a movie.

Secondly, here's some songs, for entertainment:









And just because the JR footage made me long to hear it again:


Roman Photos, folks, Highland Inn. Mention the Chronicle and you get in free!*

*In a non-literal metaphoric sense.

6 comments:

FrenchCatalogues said...

Kraftwerk, yes, Minogue, just outside of the ballpark, Everclear, man I could only wish.... I think it's more in the likes of Huey Lewis

FrenchCatalogues said...

Definitely Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" though.

Mortimer Peacock said...

I honestly thought about describing them as a mix of Kraftwerk and Donna Summer. I was going to, but I've been listening to a lot of Australian music lately. Kylie always wins.

FrenchCatalogues said...

Kraftwerk, Donna Summer, ESG, Liquid Liquid, PIL, and Juan Maclean. That's my best comparisons

Mortimer Peacock said...

But to be fair to Everclear, "Sparkle and Fade" isn't a bad album, and "Summerland" is a song of no mean quality. I'm a sucker for the noirish SoCal white trash vibe.

Wayne stuck in AL said...

North Avenue and North Highland...please stop making me nostalgic for intown Atlanta!