(now with more stuff below!)
Is this necessary?
More news items, you say?
- First of all, Ilya Kovalchuk is confusing everyone. According to Ben Wright's Twitter feed, he practiced this morning but left the ice a bit early, and is "probably messing with the media." Why does he hate us so?
- Maybe we should check Chris Vivlamore's beat blog. Hmmmm, whatsitsay? AH HA, details: [Kovalchuk] was on the ice before the start of practice, dressed and skating. It looks like his foot responded well after yesterday’s practice. However, as practice started he left the ice and Rich Peverley put on a yellow practice jersey along with Nik Antropov and Max Afinogenov. I think it was planned because the extra yellow jersey was already on the bench. I will verify everything after practice." Please do, sir!
- Also, this: Evander Kane is back at practice. He missed Tuesday’s workout to have his foot examined. He is skating and shows no signs of being slowed by a shot off the foot he took Sunday.
- And, um, this: Boris Valabik is also dressed and skating.
- If you take a short golf-cart drive around the blogosphere, you'll see that everyone's favorite fan from Dacula is trying to convince a hockey neophyte (real? imaginary? a talking LOLcat?) to choose the Atlanta Thrashers as "his" team. The Thrashers' short but dramatic history is a primary factor, as is the the nobility in being able to say you've suffered through all the highs and lows of this team's struggles.
- Rawhide is all like, "Math math math math math math." I can't read numbers, so if someone could read his post for me and give it to me in Cliff Notes I'll be much obliged.
- Via Kukla's Korner, an interesting Remembrance Day news item: Carey Price will be wearing a special commemorative helmet tonight, complete with rows of red poppies and lines from that "In Flanders Fields" poem. Now, we all know the McCrae poem is moving. But last year (mainly because today last year was the 90th anniversary of the Armistice) I tried to introduce the planet Earth to some other (better) war/fallen soldier/WWI-in-particular poems that aren't as popular. You can go look at my old anthology post if you wish, but today's official TBC Veteran's Day/ Remembrance thing is this. Do click.