Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Trade Deadline Madness

I'll second Morty's most recent post singing Little Kovy's praises. I think a three year deal is just fine. Hopefully they will get it done. I also will not comment on all the Hossa rumors. We still have a week to go, and I'm doing my best not to get caught up in it. I'll admit, it's very difficult. I will say this... I don't think anything will happen until after the Carolina game on Thursday. Why not at least keep Hossa until AFTER that game. To this point, the biggest two points of the year. Keep Hoss until at least Friday.

Lots of other rumors circulating about the trade deadline. The only thing I'd like to see us do is dump Zhitnik. He has played much better recently. The reason I think we should dump him for WHATEVER we can get, is because of his nearly $4 million price tag for next year. That is money that can certainly be better spent. Zhitnik also has some trade value. An offensive defenseman draws interest, even if they haven't had a great year. A team needing this would most certainly give up a draft pick (I don't care what round) in order to get him. Lets get him off the books for next year to free up the money.

I also would like to see us keep Holik. I think he has been a great Captain, albeit overpaid. This is his time of year and I think we need his physical presence. We also need his skill on the faceoff. I'd love to see us resign him next year. .. don't start yelling at me yet!! I'd love to see us resign him, and pay him as a third line center, not a first line center.

Looks like it will be a long week in Blueland. Lets hope we all survive.

For The Blueland Chronicle, I'm Big Shooter.

No comments: