Thursday, February 14, 2008

There is Only One Thing I Want For Valentines Day


Tonight Carolina plays Pittsburgh. I think it is pretty obvious what I would wish for the outcome to be. It would be a nice gift to the boys I think. Sure, we can't rely on the other teams to lose in our division and only depend on that. I would love it if Carolina, Florida, and Washington just tanked, but I just don't think that's going to happen, especially in the Washington's case. The boys embark on a crucial road trip.

The only thing I want them to do is just take care of their own business, and we'll be fine. I think right now we have a the ability to do wonders. My God, Kari is playing on a level that I haven't seen in a while. Hossa and Perrin are playing very well as well. I have faith in Kovy. I know he hasn't been his usual self, but if it weren't for him we wouldn't be here fighting for the top spot in the south. We should always be grateful of him no matter if he is in a slump. His leg probably still hurts, but he wouldn't want anyone to know this because he would become a target.

I have total faith in this team. When we are playing at our top, we are very hard to touch. This road trip will be a test. I hope to see Hossa back in Blueland with our jersey on. If he left I wouldn't hate him. Being a more recent convert to this greatest of games, I owe a great deal of my love of the game to him. I would be sad to see him go, but because his level of play and his ability to skate and handle made me realize what true talent it takes to be great in this game. I can only hope and wish the boys the best in this cold month of February.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Your post title and accompanying photo beneath it had my heart a pitter-pattering.... and then I thought I might have to fightcha for the goalie ;-)

LET'S GO PENS!