- Dudes on TSN say the Coyotes have traded young goaltender Mikael Tellqvist to Buffalo for a 4th-round draft pick.
- Brendan Morrison claimed by Dallas. On NHL Network the ever-professional Bill Clement says he thinks most of the action today will revolve around the waiver wire.
- Clement jokes about an imaginary Ovechkin-to-Vancouver rumor. I'd like to put down $20 and say there's a blogger out there who half-heard that and will proceed to type "OMG Ovechkin to Vancouver shhhhh don't tell anyone."
- Where, o where, will Keith Tkachuk go? The Blues aren't that far out of the playoffs, but let's remember they play in the West, where contention for the lower playoff spots is notoriously clogged. Notoriously. Clogged. So he'll probably waive his no-trade clause to go to Boston or Washington.
- No one claiming Miroslav Satan so far.
- Something about Jokinen to Calgary for Lombardi and a first-rounder.
- HOLY SHIT DON WADDELL ON NHL LIVE. Let's listen.
DW says the Thrashers could use some speed and size on the top lines. True. More interesting: he says that a deal involving one of our goalies is going to go down either today or this summer. He seems more open about his goalie-trading intentions now than he did previously. For whatever it's worth, the Fourth Period is reporting that the Thrashers are in talks to send Marty Reasoner, Kari Lehtonen, and possibly Slava Kozlov to Philadelphia (though Pagnotta, and we, and everyone else have a hard time imagining Slava waiving his no-trade clause). Could we get Daniel Briere and that Van Riemsdyk fellow? I would enjoy that.