This is just a pie in the sky scenario, but thought it would make a fun debate/discussion. If Dudley got a phone call this Summer, all on the same day, with offers to trade or sign for each of these players, which one if any should he choose?
1) Ilya Kovalchuk (assume it's for a reasonable price, about 8-9.5 mil per year)
2) Jarome Iginla (far fetched, but he might be willing to waive his NTC to come mentor Evander Kane and be an ambassador for hockey in this market)
3) Martin St. Louis (I know, it turns my stomach, too, but I once had a dream Atlanta won the Stanley Cup with him on our team)
4) Jack Johnson (Salary dump from LAK team trying to sign Kovy)
5) Brian Gionta (Same scenario as Jack Johnson)
6) Carey Price (Is he really any better than Ondrej?)