Haven't done one of these news and links round-ups in quite some time, and more importantly, we have nothing to talk about. So here we go!
- Former Atlanta star athlete Ilya "The Black Dominique Wilkins" Kovalchuk, between periodic jam jar assaults from Lou Lamoriello, is promising to rain hell on those Flyers in Game 5 of the New Jersey/Philadelphia series. He's even given a Messier-esque guarantee of victory. Is he the Sibyl of Cumae or just another pain-in-the-ass false prophet? Tune in tonight at midnight!
- Over at Bird Watchers Anonymous, the Falconer is going stone cold Sherlock Holmes on this Ricky Dudley character, digging up old (and revealing) interviews with Jay Feaster, probing the man's history, etc. The conclusion History seems to imply is that Dudley is one serious mofo, a rugged individualist who absolutely must do things his way or Just Cold Resign. Stubborn and dogmatic or principled and gun-adhesive? You decide.
- Why does Alexander Ovechkin hate Quebecois children?
- Will Kovalchuk even consider returning to the Thrashers this summer? As the estimable Rawhide writes,"Stopit-forgiddaboutit-notgonnahappen-nowayinhell-donotdothistoyourselfanymore." I say he ends up in Los Angeles or takes lower pay to play on the Washington Russian Mutants for at least two years.
- Let's close with a Q&A session.
Question: What's more awesome than the Stanley Cup Playoffs?
Answer: A goddamn sheep-pig.