Sunday, March 23, 2008

Coach Roy?... Coach Hunter?



I've enjoyed posting all of the Coach's Corner episodes lately. As you can see, I haven't felt much like posting on the Thrashers. This has been PAINFUL!!!

At this point every loss helps us. We will finish in the bottom five, giving us at least a chance for the #1 pick. As I've said before, we can make a quick turn around if we use our picks wisely and spend money in the offseason. Now let's focus on the other hole to fill... a coach.

This is a complete and total rip off of TSN, but how about coach Patrick Roy? Who better to help Kari get to the next level than Roy? He will also make a fine GM someday, look out Waddell! How about another former NHL great, Dale Hunter. Can you imagine having a bad shift and having to skate back to the bench and face Roy or Hunter? These two guys are actually my top two choices to be our coach next year. This pathetic season has made me believe that we need someone who has been an NHL great to be behind the bench. I can PROMISE you if one of these guys is our coach next year we won't have the problem of our players not sticking up for each other on the ice like we have had this year.

Just a little something to chew on for these last few games.

For The Blueland Chronicle, I'm Big Shooter.

2 comments:

Mortimer Peacock said...

Don't tease me. Do you think this is really a possibility? If Patrick Roy or Dale Hunter became our coach I think I'd run up a wall and do a backflip.

Big Shooter said...

Maybe? Roy has said he didn't want to jump right into the NHL, but he has a couple of years under his belt now.

Hunter owns the London Knights, but one would think he would like to be in the NHL.

A long shot for both, but it sure is fun to dream!