1) The Atlanta Thrashers have been very convincing lately. 5-game winning streaks have happened before, but never with this much confidence and energy from such a variety of players. As many have already pointed out, it seems like someone different contributes every night. This is a good thing.
2) Dustin Byfuglien seems to be working out just fine on the Defense thing, and it's probably not up to me to disparage the choice to position him there. Especially on a night like tonight, when he has a hand in every single goal (in tonight's case: 1 goal, 3 assists.)
3) Pavelec always had promise and potential, but my goodness.
4) Hooray! For all of this, that is.
5) Leslie Nielsen died today. Very few can equal a career such as his. Rest in peace, Lieutenant Drebin.